How Hooked on Phonics Products Work
"Over two million families and thousands of schools have turned to Hooked on Phonics® products because of our unique, proven learn-practice-play approach. We provide children with bite-sized pieces of new information in every lesson so they are able to master each new concept and achieve success every night."-Hooked on Phonics Website
The easy-to-follow learn-practice-play approach works like this:
Learn new skills or concepts.
Practice the concept until it is mastered.
Play fun games or read great books to apply and reinforce new knowledge.
Children learn at their own pace, mastering each new skill before they move on to the next. Practicing and reinforcing new skills is designed to be fun, and every experience ends with a celebration.
I was so excited when I was contacted by Hooked on Phonics to do a product review. I received the Brand New Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Pre-K Complete (Levels 1 and 2) to review. (I am not associated with Hooked on Phonics in any way.) This is what the set I received includes:
Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read Pre-K Complete combines both levels into one and teaches letter names, letter sounds, upper case letters, lower case letters, and blending sounds.
- 6 Original Storybooks written to promote the skills your child learns in the program, including 2 books by the award-winning children’s book author and illustrator, David McPhail
- 2 Workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 2 DVDs filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 2 Quick Start Guides
- 2 Sets of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success!
- 4 Sets of Letters and Picture Flashcards designed to reinforce letter names and letter sounds
I am so impressed by the new Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Program. It really has everything you need to teach your child to read. I have been using it with little bug, even though the ages is for 3 to 4 and bug is only 2. But I figure it is never to early to start teaching your child to read! He can’t do the work books yet but I read the story books to him (and he loves it!). We also watch the DVD as well as practice with the flash cards. When he watches the DVD he really likes the songs they sing. Learning through songs works really well and kids pick it up so fast. After we watched the “B” song he kept saying “B B B B B B B” for about 20 minutes afterwords. He would be in the other room and I would hear him “B B B B B” And the alphabet song is a huge hit, he gets excited when it comes on and dances around to it. It is really cute! Each lesson takes about 20 minutes and can be done everyday or a few times a week. Whatever schedule works best for you and your child. Hooked on Phonics is an amazing program for teaching children to read!
See a Learn to Read Demo Video Here!
We all want our children to be happy, successful, well-rounded kids. With that goal in mind, our mission at Hooked on Phonics® is to create educationally sound tools that are fun for kids and easy for parents to measurably improve their children’s learning and help them reach their full potential. Our products are expressly designed to build children’s confidence and ensure success.
Hooked on Phonics content is:
- based on current research about how children learn best
- developed with the help of leading educators
- tested with kids
- interactive and fun
- presented in colorful, vibrant, visually appealing ways
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- Hooked on Phonics is a well know well respected reading program.
- They offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
- The programs are designed to build confident readers.
- The complete learning packs come with everything you need to teach your child to read.
- Your child will learn to read in a fun way!
- There is even more online: games, printables and book recommendations.
Hooked on Phonics gets Bragging Rights!
Hooked on Phonics is generously giving away a A Learn to Read-2 Level set in the winner’s choice of Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, or 2nd Grade!
How to enter: Use the entry form below to submit your qualifying entries. Fill out the form separately for each entry telling me which you qualify for.
MANDATORY 1st entry-Go to Hooked on Phonics and tell me one thing you learned from the site.
1st Mandatory Entry must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted.
- 3 entries- Sign up for the Hooked on Phonics Emails here.
- 2 entries- Become a Fan of Hooked on Phonics on Facebook.
- 5 entries- Make a purchase from Hooked On Phonics.
- 1 entry- Subscribe to the Hooked on Phonics Blog RSS feed.
- 1 entry for each-Follow The Bragging Mommy via Google Friend Connect, Emails, Reader.
- 3 entries- Grab our Brag Worthy Christmas Button and put it on your blog. Leave a link.
- 1 entry- Follow Hooked on Phonics on Twitter.
- 1 entry per day- Tweet this giveaway. You can copy:
I am trying to Win a Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Set from @HOPdotcom & @braggingmommy! http://bit.ly/2ArMBe (ends 11/6)
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
You can enter this giveaway until Nov. 6 @10:00 am. The winner will then be chosen by random.org, verified and announced. If winner has provided an email address we will contact them. If you don't provide your email you will want to check back then and see if you are the winner. The winner will have 48 hours to email us and claim the prize, if prize is not claimed within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. You must be 18 years or older and live in the US or Canada to enter.