I was sent the CARES child airplane seat belt to review and let me tell you what a life saver it is! First of I mean that literally, your kids are much safer with this seat belt than just a lap belt alone. But secondly carrying this belt verses a large car seat is so much more convenient. We traveled with bug last thanksgiving and I wish I would have had this then. But since I didn’t, I learned how hard it can be to keep a toddler in their seat using just a lap belt. It was a struggle the whole entire flight. And we were both exhausted by the end of it. Well then I received the CARES seat belt and couldn’t wait to try it out on our next flight. The second time using CARES was a completely different experience. Once I put it on bug he knew he wasn’t going to be getting up. Just like in the car, he was stuck. I was so happy to have some peace on the flight, and it wasn’t just because of the quiet. I also had peace of mind knowing bug was much safer wearing this CARES harness seat belt. And it is really easy to use it. It just slides down around the seat, you tighten it and then the lap belt loops through the bottom. It is also easy to adjust to fit your child just right. It only takes one minute! I completely recommend this to anyone who is flying with toddlers. It is a must have! Here is all the technical info about CARES from their website . I decided to just let them explain it to you since they know what they are talking about :)
CARES (Child Aviation Restraint System)
“CARES Child Aviation Restraint System is designed specifically for aviation use for children age 1 and older who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds. These youngsters are old enough to be in their own seats, but are too small for the seat belt alone to protect them and provide the safety they require during airplane travel. Their bodies cannot withstand the jolts that are common in routine air travel, much less emergency situations, and they flail forward or slide beneath the seat belt if they are not held securely in place.
Each year more and more young children fly. But until CARES came along, what was missing was a convenient, hassle-free way to keep young flyers safe. Here’s what makes CARES such an invaluable travel solution:
- CARES is the first and only harness type Aviation Child Safety Device to be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as an alternative to a car seat.
- CARES is an elegantly designed belt-and-buckle device that works in conjunction with the regular airplane seat belt and provides young travelers the same level of safety as a car seat.
- CARES weighs just one pound and fits into a 6" stuff sack! It is easily portable, simple to install, adjustable to every size airplane seat, and usable on any seat in the airplane, except in the emergency exit rows.
- Need your car seat on the other end of the trip? Just check it through as luggage – and carry CARES on board in your pocket!
CARES is manufactured exclusively by AmSafe Aviation, the foremost manufacturer of aviation seatbelts and pilot restraints in the world. (Turn over your airplane seat belt buckle. Chances are it says AmSafe.) CARES is made of the same industrial-strength webbing as your own seat belt and is engineered to the highest aviation-safety standards.”
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- A Safer way for your kids to fly.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Easy to put onto an airplane seat, and easy to strap your child in.
- Much more convenient than caring a large car seat onto the plane.
- Made for children between 22-44 lbs. (typically 1 to 5 years).
- No more struggling with a toddler who won’t stay in the lap belt.
- Made by AmSafe Aviation (they know what they are doing since they make airplane seat belts).
- Gives you peace of mind.
- Comes with a bag to carry it in, and the bag fits easily in our diaper bag.
Check out where to buy and read more about CARES at www.kidsflysafe.com.
CARES gets Bragging Rights!