I was sent the 2009 Hess Race Car and Racer to review. First off I loved how it came fully gift wrapped in green paper (perfect for Christmas!!). Bug loved that he had a present to open. We took the car out of the box and at first I was like “Where is the small racer?”, then I realized it fits inside the hood of the large Race Car! Talk about fun! You just press down on the hood and it pops open, closes the same way. Then I pushed one of the 4 buttons and made an engine roaring sound and bug said (with a ton of enthusiasm) “Vroom Vroom Vroom!”. Needless to say he loves his Toy Race Cars. This is a perfect gift for any age, whether it is a 2 year old like bug or a Hess Toy Truck Collector!
Race Car Features Include:
* 29 working lights with optional flashing mode
* 3 realistic sound features (ignition, acceleration, and horn)
* Alloy look racing wheels
* Chrome detailed rear view mirrors and air vents
* Low profile headlights (a first for Hess Toy Trucks)
Small Racer Features Include:
* 15 working lights
* Pull back racing motor
* Alloy-look racing wheels
* Chrome detailed rear view mirrors and vents
* Low profile headlights
Things that are Brag Worthy:
- Fun flashing lights and sounds.
- The small racer fits inside the hood of the Race Car.
- Each year they have a new toy truck or car.
- Great Christmas gift for any age!!
This Hess Race Car and Racer is available at all participating Hess and Hess Express Retail Stores.
Hess 2009 Race Car and Racer get Bragging Rights!